Friday, December 08, 2006

Filippa Hamilton (2005)

Five minutes with..
Filippa Hamilton, the 18-year-old face of Ralph Lauren



Discovered... "When my mother and I entered a mother/daughter modelling competition. The photographer, Marc Hispard, asked me to do a shoot for French Cosmopolitan and it steamrolled from there"

If I wasn't modeling, I'd..."Be an interior designer"

Splurged first pay cheque on..."A huge bubblegum machine I bought at Dylan's candy bar in New York and had shipped to France"

Reading: "The lovely bones by Alice Sebold"

Model Inspiration: "Christy Turlington. She epitomises chic, healthy, modern beauty"

Beauty-bag staples: "Kiehl's lip balm, Lancome Mousse Clarte cleanser and Lancome Nutri intense. Also a shea butter mask"

Fitness regime: "A mix of breathing and relaxing yoga, and sessions with a personal trainer who keeps me fit with runs around London parks"

Worst beauty blunder: " A stylist burnt my hair with straightening irons. All my hair ended up on the floor. I lost an editorial assignment over it as I looked completely different to the other girls"

Adores... "St-Tropez. I stay at a friend's house or Hotel Byblos, which I love"

Next Vacation?: "Miami. I love it for various reasons-the architecture at the beach, the colours, how people dress and the relaxed vibe."

On my to-do list..."Find an apartment in London-I've fallen in love with this city! I split my time here, working and attending art school."

Next career move: "I'm taking singing and acting classes. I auditioned for the part of the queen in Troy after the casting agents saw my Ralph Lauren campaign, but missed out."

Shopping haunts: "New York. SoHo for new designers; Fifth Avenue for designer labels."

Spot her in:The latest Ralph Lauren blue fragrance campaign shot by Bruce Webber

Credit: Harpers Bazaar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home