Thursday, December 07, 2006

Dari Maximova (Date unknown)


German Supermodel Dari Maximova never considered modeling until she got scouted one day on her way to a H&M store in Berlin (Germany). Since then, she won the largest grand prize in the modeling industry when she was named the FORD Models Supermodel of the World 2002. In the meantime the 23-years-old eye-catcher started to lead a glamorous life in front of the camera and burned up the catwalks.
As a consequence the "bulgerman" (that's how she calls German Bulgarians) travelled a lot and lived in New York, Paris and London where she boosted her modeling career, but couldn't stay away from her beloved home and finally ended up in Berlin again.


How did you get started in the modeling business?
Dari: My booker catched me on the street and asked me, if i was modeling and if I could imagine doing it. Sure, I was very suspicious in the beginning, but finally ended up going to the agency to do some "polaroids" :).

Did you ever think you'd be doing this?
Dari: Not really, especially at these times. I was 17 and had other things in my mind, like skateboarding, basketball, stuff which doesn`t deal with fashion-industry at all.

What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
Dari: The opportunity to travel, to meet new people and to make experiences you wouldn't usually make by the age of 17. And I don`t really like the superficial site.

Ever get tempted to get pulled into the party scene?
Dari: Noooo, I only sit home and do yoga and eat carotts ! ;) Joke..I`m young and I love going out with my friends, specially when I`m back home in Berlin!!!

Have you developed any new interests since you started modelling?
Dari: Because of working as a model I got excperiences in art (especially fotography), fashion and styling.

What are your favourite things to do in your free time?
Dari: Spending time with my friends and my family, watching movies, reading books, music...etc.

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?
Dari: Costa Rica....the nature is just amazing, but if you go there you shouldn`t be afraid of insects. ;)

Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?
Dari: My mum! And why ? Cause she has been through many things and can help me with her experiences.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?
Dari: Married, 2-3 children, a house at the beach and a nice apartment in Berlin and having a job which i love! Wow, that would be nice, but earnestly who knows what the future brings!

What are your beauty secrets? How do you stay in shape?
Dari: I don't use many make up and try to get enough sleep . I hate to go to the gym, but to stay in shape I go for a swim and to the sauna twice a week.

What would you want people to know about you?
Dari: I think they know too much already ;)

Any advice for new models? What advice would you give other models starting out?
Dari: Don`t take it too serious and don`t forget there are many beautiful girls and boys out there...so the personality counts and makes you special.

Favourite all-time model:
Dari: Kate Moss

Favourite kind of food:
Dari: Pizza, Sushi, Pumkinsoup, "Schweinebraten" (roast pork) with bread dumpling and red cabbage. hmmmmmm

Favourite kind of music:
Dari: Electronical music, indyrock, oldshool hiphop, soul....

Favourite quote:
Dari: "Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead." ( by Hans Christian Andersen)

I'd like to meet:
Dari: People I lost in my life.

If I were trapped on an island I'd take:
Dari: Antimoscitospray, food, a bikini, sunlotion, and my boy ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home