Friday, October 26, 2007

Melody Woodin (Jul,07)


Full name? Melody Eileen Woodin
How old are you? Turned 21 this past April.
Where are you from? Hockessin, Delaware. Very exotic!
Where do you live now? I've been in the city for 3 years, currently in Alphabet City!
What is your favorite show that you've done? Any Dior show. Each one tops the last.
What is your favorite shoot that you've done? I did a shoot for Interview with Albert Watson. They dressed me up like Mark Bolan from Trex. I love classic rock so I was thrilled they booked me for it.
What is your personal style like? Tomboy! I do the skinny jeans look for castings but at home I stick to casual comfort.
Did you complete school? I graduated highschool (Alexis I. DuPont) before moving out to NY. I plan on going to college after modeling...aybe Equine Sciences.
If you weren't modeling, what would you like to be doing? My family runs a horse farm, so every chance I get, I'm out at the barn either giving lessons, mucking stalls, or breaking and training the foals. My heart is out there.
What is some of your favorite music to listen to? Wow tough question... ethro Tull, Crosby Stills & Nash (Young as well), The Doors, The Eagles, The Guess Who, Heart, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin...
What about favorite movies? Jurassic Park, Little Miss Sunshine, Wild Hogs (reminds me of my dad!), Over the Hedge (love animated movies), Fried Green Tomatos.
Favorite books? A Clockwork Orange/Water for Elephants.
What's your drink of choice? Dr. Pepper. If we are talking alcoholic, a dirty, dirty martini.
How did you get into the industry? Were you "discovered" or was it a choice? Modeling, for me, was an alternative to heading into a university right away. I wanted to take time to really think about what I wanted to pursue as a career. I grew up in a very small town, so fashion wasn't really a part of my life. I approached Barbizon in Philly, came up to NY for a modeling and talent competition called IMTA, and was scouted by Roman Young, who was at Supreme at the time.
What are some of the perks of being a model? Perks? Well to be 100% honest, I love being around other girls who are built like me. I know that sounds funny, but when you are 6' and only 115lbs, its easy to feel uncomfortable in your physical shell. My mom would say it is getting the occasional designer piece as a trade...I tend to give them all to her.
Credit: For sure couture
Photo credit: Style

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home