Sunday, July 02, 2006

Marilyn Sainty (Nov,2004)

New Zealand designer: Marilyn Sainty














My favourite books:
  • My family and other animals by Gerald Durrell
  • A very easy death by Simone de Beauvoir
  • A gradual awakening by Stephen Levine
  • Janet Frame: An autobiography
  • Any human heart by Willaim Boyd
My most treasured possesions:
  • "I have a little shrine at home, full of momentos and gifts from friends and family, such as notes, photographs and all sorts of funny eccentric finds"
How I unwind:
  • "At the weekend, I love cooking, having breakfast with friends, taking long afternoon walks and sharing the crossword with my husband, Peter"
My favourite fashion item:
  • "My Lanvin ballet slippers"
Who I'm listening to:
  • Leonard Cohen
  • Claudine Longet
  • Caetano Paloma
My Favourite movies:
  • Talk to her
  • To have and to be
  • Orlando
My latest Obssesion:
  • "Food, I spend a lot of time cooking-it's one of my greatest joys. My speciality is a warm lobster salad with basil and delicious dark greens"
My greatest extravagance:
  • "An exciting holiday where you're completely free, making new discoveries. I've just travelled to France spending time in Luberon and Bordeaux, laughing and eating with friends along the way"
What I'm most proud of:
  • Her cocktail chair. "I worked with a steel maker on this chair and spent so many hours working on its design to get it right. It was an idea I had that I was determined to follow through with".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home