Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lily Cole (2004)


Lily Cole, model

Spotted on London's Old Compton Street two years ago, Lily has just been named Model of the Year in the British Fashion Awards. Her first job was for Italian Vogue; since then she has been in campaigns for Prada, Hermès, Moschino and Topshop, and on catwalks for Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Lacroix and Alexander McQueen.

The experts say
Lily is not only 'utterly compelling looking', points out Alexandra Shulman, editor of Vogue, but has a 'self-assurance and poise at 16 that will make a big difference to her career prospects'. Added to that, says Sarah Doukas, MD of model agency Storm, is 'a wonderfully creative mind that shows in her work'.

Lily says
'I love modelling, but also see it as a platform for the million other things I want to achieve/create in life.'

Being 16: best thing ...
'It's ageless: I can fluctuate between extremely adult and a regular teenager.'

... and worst thing
'People often make assumptions about you.'

My 16th birthday
'I spent it hanging out with my family, then hit some parties with friends.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home