Thursday, June 01, 2006

Jacquetta Wheeler (may 2006)


After signing to the London agency Take 2 at age 15, Jacquetta Wheeler got her big break the following year when she was spotted by the photographer Mario Testino, who shot her for French Vogue.

Now 24 and living in New York, she is a catwalk regular and has fronted campaigns for Gucci, Burberry and Ralph Lauren. She has been photographed for Amnesty International's Protect the Human exhibition, from June 1-6 at the Hospital, 24 Endell Street, London WC2 (www.protectthehuman.com).

What is on your wish list?
A Michael Kors big brown studded-leather bag. It's the perfect size to travel with.

Who are your favourite designers?
Temperley's dresses are feminine, sexy and easy to wear. Also, John Galliano, because he's a genius.

Which shoes have caught your eye recently?
Gold Lanvin pumps.

What do you wear to work?
On castings, I usually wear jeans (Rag & Bone or Citizens of Humanity) and a tank-top (from Urban Outfitters or Topshop).

Which are the staple pieces in your wardrobe?
My Rick Owens brown-green leather jacket. My biggest indulgence at $2,000.

What is your failsafe look on days when you have simply nothing to wear?
A Temperley dress with my vintage Levi's denim jacket and Vivienne Westwood pirate boots.

What do you wear to relax at home?
Rocawear white tracksuit bottoms with a pink Chloé wide-neck cashmere sweater and Cath Kidston fur-lined slippers.

What would you wear on a hot date?
My new black low-backed Balenciaga top with jeans, or my black very low-backed Ann Demeulemeester dress.

Which is your favourite shop?
Topshop. I always go when I'm in London.

Which is your favourite shop abroad?
Scoop, around the corner from my apartment in SoHo, for its good selection of labels.

Which is your favourite hotel?
There's a great yoga retreat in Tulum, Mexico, called Amansala: comfortable, elegant wooden huts on the beach (amansala.com).

Which is your favourite restaurant?
La Esquina (203 Lafayette Street) in New York for Mexican. In London I like Rosa's (69 Westbourne Park Road, W2) for French food in a relaxed, low-key venue.

Coffee shop?
Ceci Cela (166 Chambers Street, NY) for a coffee and croissant every morning.

Which cosmetics would you be lost without?
Lancôme Eye Make-up Remover - it's oil-based, which means it gets everything off without having to rub; Blushcreme from MAC; Elemis Cellular Recovery Skin Bliss Capsules; and eye shadow from NARS.

Who does your manicures?
I hate having my nails filed. But I had a manicure, at the Rescue Beauty Lounge (rescuebeauty.com), for the Costume Institute's Anglomania Gala at the Metropolitan Museum, where I wore an amazing Alexander McQueen dress.

What do you use in the bath?
My boyfriend [the photographer Alexi Lubomirski] just bought me an amazing rose-scented bath oil from Les Bains du Marais (lesbainsdumarais.com).

Who cuts your hair?
In January I had my hair cut off by Julian D'Ys in New York for a US Vogue shoot. Now I trust only him to cut my hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home